About this product
SATE BEYEM CLASSIC is an external thermal insulation system for façades based on the use of stabilised EPS expanded polystyrene as an insulating material and the use of acrylic mortar, polytylosan mortar or mineral coating as flexible and high-performance finishes, in different granulometries and colours.
- Traditional SATE system.
- Excellent price/performance ratio.
- The lightest solution.
- Complies with CTE.
- Impermeable to rainwater and permeable to water vapour.
- Reduction/elimination of the risk of condensation and interior mould.
- Perfect solution for façade pathologies.
- Ideal for refurbishment. No loss of usable surface area in the home.
- European approval ETE 21/0061.
SATE BEYEM CLASSIC is intended for use as thermal insulation on the outside of building walls. The walls can be masonry (brick, block) or concrete (made in situ or based on prefabricated panels). The system is intended to provide the wall on which it is installed with satisfactory thermal insulation. This ETICS can be used on vertical surfaces, both in new buildings and in renovations. It can also be used on inclined or horizontal surfaces that are not exposed to rainwater. The system consists of non-load-bearing elements. The system does not contribute directly to the stability of the wall on which it is installed, but contributes to its durability by protecting it against natural agents.
The useful substrates for the application of SATE BEYEM CLASSIC are: In new construction:
- Brick or ceramic block masonry and thermo-clay masonry.
- Mortar rendering.
- Concrete block.
- Concrete (treated with Beyem Union Mortar type bonding bridge).
- Mortar rendering.
- Single-layer cladding.
- Facing brickwork.
Preparation of substrates
The aforementioned substrates must be sound, clean, free of paint residues, poorly adhered parts or substances that may hinder adhesion. All substrates must have adequate flatness and present a surface of adequate porosity and roughness. The substrate must not have clear problems of dampness and, where applicable, must have completed its curing shrinkage and its maturing period must have been respected. Weak, damaged or deteriorated concrete and, where necessary, sound concrete must be removed by suitable manual or mechanical means that do not cause vibration or impact. Heavily deteriorated substrates should be treated by sandblasting or similar method until a surface with minimum guarantees of roughness and tensile strength is obtained. In case of heat, wind or on very absorbent substrates, it is advisable to moisten the substrate and wait for the water film to disappear. In general, the substrates must have adequate strength to support the coating (minimum adhesion of 0.15 MPa in a pull-off test). The admissible tolerances of the substrate are as follows:
|Overhang||Between storeys Total building height||20 50|
|Axiality||Max. horizontal distance between the axes of the upper and lower walls||20|
|Flatness||In 1 m In 10 m||5 20|
Instructions for use
System start-up The system can be started above ground level or below ground level to give continuity to the thermal insulation system of the buried walls.
- Start-up above ground level: SATE BEYEM CLASSIC must be limited in its contour by an aluminium start-up profile appropriate to the thickness of the EPS insulation board to be used. The starting profile must be positioned at least ≥ 15 cm from the ground, so that the system does not come into direct contact with the ground.
- Likewise, it must be waterproofed from ground level up to ≥ 30 cm in height, using Beyem Proof Flexible or Beyem Prood One to avoid damp due to filtration or capillary action from the outside. The waterproofing must exceed the level of the starting profile by at least 15 cm. The waterproofing from level zero to the starting profile can be finished using BEYEM CRIL, BEYEM CRIL Polisiloxano Mortar or by laying a ceramic or natural stone skirting board, etc. using the Rodacal Beyem range of cementitious adhesives.
- Edge and point fixing: used on substrates with irregularities of between 5 and 10 mm (measured with a 2 m ruler) and for boards ≥ 40 mm. The contact surface with the substrate shall be at least 60%. To do this, Beyem Adheterm is applied with a width of 5 cm around the entire perimeter of the panel and about 2 cm from the edge of the panel and also in the centre of the panel, where several coats of adhesive mortar are applied.
- Fixing by means of a notched trowel: this is used when the flatness of the substrate is less than 5 mm measured with a 2 m ruler and for panels < 40 mm. Beyem Adheterm is spread over the entire surface of the board, keeping about 2 cm of the board edges free, and then combed with the help of a notched trowel of at least no. 10.
- Corners of the façade, windows and doors: PVC corner profile with fibreglass mesh is used. A layer of BEYEM ADHETERM is applied to the surfaces forming the corner by spreading it along the profile and the mesh and then the profile is placed, pressing it gently. The protruding mortar is used to cover the mesh and the profile and to even it out.
- Window lintel and window sill: Window lintels should be reinforced with the PVC drip profile with mesh to prevent water run-off on the facade planes. The installation method is identical to that of the PVC corner profile with mesh. The sills must have a minimum outward slope of 10° to ensure water drainage. They must also have an overhang in the horizontal plane of about 3-4 cm with a drip edge that protrudes from the plane of the façade enclosure. The self-adhesive PVC window frame profile with fibreglass mesh allows the SATE to be connected to the frames of the window structure openings without leaving gaps or spaces.
- Top finish and expansion joints: The top finish of the façade must prevent water from running directly onto the façade. For this purpose, the crowning profile must be used and screwed in the same way as the starting profile. This profile should be installed before the last row of insulation boards and should overhang the horizontal plane by 3-4 cm. The upper part of the meeting point of this profile and the support where it is fixed must always be protected (by the eaves of the façade or overhang, another profile, polyurethane…). Expansion joints are resolved by using the PVC expansion joint profile with fibreglass mesh. The installation method is identical to that of the PVC corner profile, except that in this case there is a double edge. The strip contained in the profile is inserted into the expansion joint and then the cover of the profile is inserted.
- Corners of façade openings (windows, doors, …): 20×40 cm strips are cut and fixed with BEYEM ADHETERM at all corners (at 45o) or corner reinforcement mesh (pre-cut mesh) is used.
- Accessible areas exposed to impact (skirtings): In the area to be reinforced, Beyem Adheterm is laid over the EPS panels. The fibreglass mesh is then stretched horizontally and embedded in the adhesive mortar. This layer should be at least 1.5-2 mm thick. The joints between the meshes must overlap by at least 10 cm. The installation of this reinforcement mesh shall be additional to the installation of the main mesh.
- BEYEM CRIL FONDO:: At least 48 hours after the last smoothing coat of BEYEM ADHETERM, a coat of BEYEM CRIL FONDO , optionally diluted with 5% water, shall be applied, allowing it to penetrate the surface. BEYEM CRIL FONDO can be applied by brush, roller or spray. This primer acts as an absorption leveller and adhesion promoter for subsequent finishing with BEYEM CRIL o BEYEM CRIL Polisiloxano mortar. If the mortar is to be applied with a cut-out, it is advisable to apply a second coat to reinforce the parts where the pattern will be marked.
- BEYEM CRIL o BEYEM CRIL Polisiloxano mortar: At least 6 hours after the previous phase, apply BEYEM CRIL or BEYEM CRIL Polisiloxano mortar with a stainless steel trowel or spray gun, spreading it uniformly over the surface. Once it has lost its tackiness on the tool, proceed to finish the surface with the trowel or trowel by moving the guide aggregate (1 mm, Fine and 2 mm Coarse).
- BEYEM THERMIDUR F: : At least 48 hours after the last smoothing coat of BEYEM ADHETERM, apply a coat of BEYEM THERMIDUR F. A first coat should be applied with a clean stainless steel trowel to the dry substrate, spreading up to 1 mm thick. Wait for the first coat to dry until the product is dry and hard to the touch. At this point, apply the second coat of the product by scraping with the steel trowel to achieve the desired effect. If burrs have remained on the substrate or from previous coats or if it is considered convenient, a third finishing coat can be applied.
- BEYEM PRO H PLUS or Hidrofugante Líquido: 24-48 hours after the application of the last coat of BEYEM THERMIDUR F, a protective water-repellent coat must be applied by roller, brush or spray gun. This must be applied from the top of the substrate to the bottom, taking care that the product does not run off. The application of two successive coats, if desired, should be done “wet on wet”. Both products are applied undiluted.
Cautions and recommendations
- Do not apply BEYEM ADHETERM, BEYEM THERMIDUR F or BEYEM CRIL below 5ºC or above 30ºC.
- Do not apply the system on horizontal or inclined surfaces, with an angle of inclination of less than 45º.
- Do not apply when there is a risk of frost, rain or strong winds. Avoid direct sunlight during the application of BEYEM ADHETERM, BEYEM THERMIDUR F and BEYEM CRIL.
- During the installation of the system, it is advisable to protect the façade with protective tarpaulins placed on the scaffolding. It is particularly important to protect the upper part of the façade so that water does not leak between the substrate and the insulation board during and after installation.
- Respect the existing expansion joints in the façade and resolve them by using Expansion Joint Profile. Observe the execution of cut-outs, if necessary.
- The age of the substrates in new construction must be at least 1 month in ceramic brickwork and 2 months in concrete blockwork. The roughness of the substrate must be sanded before applying BEYEM THERMIDUR F to avoid scratches and imperfections. The substrate must be brushed to remove all the dust generated in the previous operation.
- It is essential to use compatible materials and components recommended and supplied by Rodacal Beyem and Jafep to guarantee the quality of the system.
- The work must be carried out by qualified personnel, with appropriate advice and supervision.
- Carefully read the product Technical Data Sheets.
- The use of colours in BEYEM CRIL, BEYEM CRIL Polisiloxano Mortar with a solar radiation absorption coefficient (α) greater than 0.7 is not recommended unless the façade is permanently protected from solar radiation.
|SATE BEYEM CLASSIC|
|Classification||ETE 21/0061 EAD 040083-00-0404|
|1 h||< 1 kg/m2|
|24 h||< 0,5 kg/m2|
|Water vapour permeability||< 1 m (equivalent air thickness)|
|Adhesive on substrate|
||≥ 0,25 MPa|
||≥ 0,08 MPa|
||≥ 0,25 MPa|
|Adhesive on insulation|
||≥ 0,08 MPa|
||≥ 0,03 MPa|
||≥ 0,08 MPa|
|Base layer on the insulation|
||≥ 0,08 MPa|
||≥ 0,08 MPa|
|Impact resistance||Category II (BEYEM CRIL mortar) Category III (BEYEM CRIL Polisiloxano mortar and BEYEM THERMIDUR F)|
|EPS Panel Thickness||40-200 mm|
|Thermal conductivity EPS panel||0,037 W/mK|
|Compressive strength||≥ 8,0 MPa|
|Minimum thickness of adhesive application (final)||≈ 2 mm|
|Maximum application thickness as adhesive (final)||≈ 5 mm|
|Minimum application thickness as coating||≈ 3 mm|
|Maximum application thickness as coating||≈ 5 mm|
|Yield||≈ 1,5-2,0 Kg/m2 mm thickness|
|Beyem Cril Liso|
|Yield||0,15 – 0,24 Kg/m2 (0,10 – 0,16 l/m²)|
|Viscosity||35 Poises, Brookfield, Sp-6, 10 r.p.m. a 23 ºC|
|Finishing Fine||1 – 1,5 mm|
|Coarse Finish||2 – 2,5 mm|
|Beyem Cril Polisiloxano mortar|
|Viscosity||35 Poises, Brookfield, Sp-6, 10 r.p.m. at 23 ºC|
|Finisshing Fine||1 – 1,5 mm|
|Coarse finish||2 – 2,5 mm|
|Beyem Thermidur F|
|% Kneading water||± 29 %|
|Compressive strength||≥ 8,0 MPa|
Tools and tools are easily cleaned with water before BEYEM ADHETERM or BEYEM THERMIDUR F has hardened and BEYEM CRIL o BEYEM CRIL Polisiloxano mortar has cured. Cured or hardened product can only be removed by mechanical means.
The façade will be finished with BEYEM CLASSIC SATE with ETE number 21/0061 under EAD 040083-00-0404, consisting of: EPS boards according to UNE-EN 13163, thermal conductivity 0.037 W/mK and Euroclass E reaction to fire and thickness _____. The boards shall be laid horizontally, from bottom to top and at a break in relation to the previous row. The fixing and coating of EPS boards shall be carried out with Beyem Adheterm shrinkage-compensated polymer modified mortar, covering a minimum of 60% of the insulating board bonding surface. The adhesion of the boards will be complemented with anchoring dowels according to EAD 040083-00-0404 at the rate of at least 6 dowels per m2, increasing to at least 8 dowels per m2 at heights above 25 m. Subsequently, the insulation boards are to be covered with Beyem Adheterm reinforced with 160 g/m2 alkali-resistant glass fibre mesh. The yield shall be ≈ 1.5-2.0 kg/m2 mm thickness. Subsequently, the finish coating ________________ in colour ________________ and texture finish _________ shall be applied. Specific profiles are included to treat corners, lintels, changes of plane, expansion joints, junctions, jambs, trims and other façade elements.
Health and Safety
For any information concerning safety issues in the use, handling, storage and waste disposal of chemical products, users should consult the most recent version of the MSDS of the products involved in this Data Sheet. Disposal of the products and their containers must be carried out in accordance with current legislation and is the responsibility of the final consumer of the products.
There are no reviews yet.