About this product
BEYEM PROOF ONE is a one-component, cement based, polymer modified flexible membrane for concrete surface protection and waterproofing. Formulated with sulphate resistant cement, selected aggregates, organic additives and resins to improve adhesion and waterproofing. Specially suitable for containing water. Specially suitable for applications subject to small movements, when flexibility is a must.
▪ Modified polymer mortar (PCC).
▪ Excellent adhesion.
▪ Sea-water and sulphate resistant.
▪ High flexibility.
▪ Waterproof up to 7,5 atm of pressure positive lift.
▪ Fast drying.
▪ Suitable for spray machines and manual applications (by thin trowel)
▪ Waterproof and permeable to water vapour. Fast hardening without cracking.
▪ Both internal and external use.
▪ Weather resistant.
▪ High protection against the effects of de-icing salts and freeze-thaw attack.
Concrete surface protection according to the MC and RI principles: Moisture Control (MC) by surface coating and Increasing Resistivity (IR) by limiting moisture content. Waterproofing of foundations, basement walls, cellars, concrete slabs, walls, tanks, swimming pools, cellars, planters, lift pits, balconies, terraces, bathrooms, showers… Protection of buildings against water damage. Protection of structures exposed to marine environments. Waterproofing of substrates that can undergo small movements or with little cracks (BEYEM PROOF ONE absorbs micro-cracks up to 0.8 mm with thicknesses of 3 mm).
BEYEM PROOF ONE is suitable for:
▪ Cement based substrates
▪ Rendering and plastering mortar
▪ BEYEM’s concrete repair mortars.
Preparation of substrates
Concrete must be free from dust, loose material, surface contamination and materials which reduce bond or prevent suction or wetting by repair materials. Where necessary, concrete must be cleaned by sandblasting, high pressure water jetting or other approved mechanical methods that do not cause vibration or impact, to leave a clean and keyed surface. Absorbent substrates should be previously wetted until they are saturated, preventing waterlogging, and applying the mortar once the surface has a matt appearance. Smooth, slightly absorbent or very damaged substrates should be treated to obtain a surface with minimum guarantees of roughness and tensile strength. For more information regarding substrate preparation, refer to the recommendations provided in EN 1504-10.
Instructions for use
Mix manually or mechanically BEYEM PROOF ONE with 3,80 – 4,60 l per bag of clean water until a homogeneous and lump-free paste is obtained. Let the mix stand for 5 minutes before application.
Apply a minimum of 2 layers by spray render or by hand (using a trowel) pressing the material to ensure adhesion. The second layer (and successive ones) can be applied in the same way, once the first layer has dried (from 2 to 6 hours, depending on the environmental conditions). If the final thickness has to exceed 4 mm, 3 layers of product should be applied. It is advisable to apply the successive layers in perpendicular directions and avoid the accumulation of more material than is necessary in the corners or joints between vertical and horizontal elements. It is recommended embedding BEYEM MALLA 160 gr alkali-resistant reinforcement mesh in the first coat of BEYEM PROOF ONE while it is still wet. The mesh must also be used in areas with either small cracks or in areas which are under particular stress.
▪ Do not apply below 8ºC or above 30ºC.
▪ Do not apply when there is risk of frost, rain, strong wind or direct sunlight.
▪ Critical areas as fillen joints between vertical and horizontal elements must be treated with a dry mortar to minimize the application angle of BEYEM PROOF ONE.
▪ If the surfaces waterproofed with BEYEM PROOF ONE can suffer strong mechanical aggression, they should be covered with some protective element such as ceramic tiles, etc.
▪ Sealing of structural joints and joints subject to high dynamic stress may require special pieces.
▪ Apply preferably on the positive side, that is, on the one that receives the water pressure.
▪ Applied on negative side, there are risk of detachment if water pressure is higher than adhesion of material.
▪ Protect the mortar applied of early dehydration, using suitable curing methods. The curing operation in humid environment is essential for at least 24 hours after application.
▪ Do not apply on gypsum, metal or wood.
▪ Mix only sufficient material that can be applied using available labour and equipment.
▪ BEYEM PROOF ONE must cure for a minimum of 3-7 days before receiving mechanical loads.
▪ Water pressure loadable after 7-14 days.
|Product identity. Properties of mixture and application data
|Appearance and color
|Density of the mix
||≈ 1500 Kg/m3
|Mixing water, %
|Maximum application thickness
| 2 mm thickness (without water pressure)
||≈ 3 Kg/m2
| 2 mm thickness (without water pressure)
||≈ 6 Kg/m2
||Surface protection mortar for concrete EN 1504-2
||≥ 1,0 MPa
|Capillary absortion and permeability to water
||W < 0,1 Kg/m2h1/2
|Water vapour permeability
||Class I: SD < 5 m
|Reaction to fire
BEYEM PROOF ONE is packed in is packed 20 kg plastic lined paper bags.
Storage: when stored unopened in a cool dry place, shelf life is 12 months from date of manufacture.
Tools can be cleaned easily with water before the product hardens. Hardened product can be removed only mechanically.
Surface protection of concrete and waterproofing must be carried out with one-component, cement based, polymer modified flexible membrane compliant with EN 1504-2 and according to Principle 2, method 2.2 and Principle 8, method 8.2 of EN 1504-9, such as Beyem Proof One, manufactured by Rodacal Beyem Company. Coverage will be ≈ 1,6 kg / m2 per mm of thickness.
Health and Safety
For further and complete information about the safe use of our product please refer to our latest version of the Safety Data Sheet, which is available upon request.
Disposal of the product and packaging must be in accordance with current legislation. This is responsibility of the final product user.
There are no reviews yet.